APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
The WGBC Fight Night in partnership with Corporate Fighter is an intense 12-week boxing program. WGBC Champs are champions of the community exemplifying the WGBC Values of leadership, inclusion, fearless and enjoyment.
Training begins: Monday April 12th at Corporate Fitness Centre, Surry Hills
Fight Night: Saturday June 26th 2021 at Luna Park, North Sydney
ONLY 30 SPOTS AVAILABLE!
All boxers shall be trained in a way that is inclusive, respectful and technique focused, supporting the development of each other’s skills. Head boxing trainers prepare each boxer for the launch event of the World Gay Boxing Championships at the world-famous Sydney’s Luna Park! Event, participants and training info and tips are all here, along with your options to buy a ticket to this exciting event!
Funds raised will go towards the organisation and running of the world’s first “straight friendly” LGBTQI+ inclusive boxing championships to be held from 20-24 February 2023 in Sydney coinciding with the city hosting Mardi Gras and World Pride.
WGBC is an Australian Not-For-Profit (NFP) organisation committed to further developing and enhancing LGBTQI+ inclusion in the sport of boxing.
Boxers are expected to pay an initial Admin fee of $795 and are responsible for selling two tables to the Fight Night.
The initial $795 signing-up fee will need to be paid prior to the initial training session. This fee covers:
- Boxing Australia NSW license
- Boxers insurance
- 12 weeks of training (5 sessions per week)
- Singlet and shorts for Fight Night
- Training singlet, kit bag, gloves, hand wraps, head gear, water bottle and groin guard (where applicable).
* Please note any further protective equipment required is to be purchased at the expense of the individual boxer (i.e. mouth guard, boots etc.)
Tables seat 10 people and cost $2,500 each for a standard table ($250 per person) and $3,000 for a ringside table ($300 per person) and includes:
- 3 course fully catered meal
- Unlimited wine and beer all night
- Support for the nominated charity (auctions and raffles held during the event)
Boxers are encouraged to start spreading the word and selling tables early in the program. Corporate Fighter will also create various promotional materials to help assist the sales drive.
At Corporate Fighter we always aim to be upfront about what’s expected of our participants. There are no additional hidden costs, enabling boxers to simply concentrate on getting fit and developing their boxing skills.